Friday, October 15, 2010

October 2010 Conference

I loved conference this October. I spend my Sunday's listening to the talks over and over again. What inspiring and timely instruction for the turbulent world that we live in.
My favorite talk was President Monson's on Gratitute:

"A grateful heart . . . comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. My sincere, heartfelt prayer is that we may in our individual lives reflect that marvelous virtue of gratitude. May it permeate our very souls, now and evermore."


This talk was very strong and to the point. When I listened to it the first time I thought, "there is no question what virtue our prophet is advising us to work on." When I read the talk again I counted...he used the words grateful and gratitude 37 times!
We will not soon forget President Packer's talk and his story about the elementary student who thought they could just vote to decide if a kitten was a girl or a boy.

Another favorite:

President Uchtdorf - "We don’t discover humility by thinking less of ourselves; we discover humility by thinking less about ourselves. It comes as we go about our work with an attitude of serving God and our fellowman."

No comments: