Friday, May 1, 2009

Home without grandchildren

We are now going on two weekends without grandchildren. I think Deborah is going through withdrawals. We will get a big fix next weekend when we go to Boise and get to visit both the Stites and the Hawkes with lots of grand children to visit.

Deborah has been busy working in the yard. She really loves keeping things nice.


I have a new project. (I do better with projects than just "yard work".) I am building a new deck with Deborah's help. She is the master carpenter of the family. I have included a before picture and hope to show our progress as it goes along. I am hoping that it is not an all summer project and that it gets completed in a couple of weeks. It is only a little deck of 6'X6'. I am also planning on putting in an herb garden to go along with Deborah's hydrophonic strawberries. Deborah put in another 4 towers this spring. This is the before picture.



I also spent a little time photographing Deborah's flowers in the front of the house. She does a really good job with those flowers.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yeah!! Now we get to see what you guys are up to. We miss you!

Kiera said...

the flowers look great! and i think a deck off of your room will be great for you! We are also very excited to see you guys next weekend! but no one is more excited than Kambri! I was going to film her saying crazy things, but I lost my camera...sorry